Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Chicago & Kansas City

Andy and I recently visited friends in Chicago and Kansas City. Andy and company extended their roadtrip down to Kansas City...but as he didn't have the camera, you'll just have to imagine what went on there (but do you really want to imagine what happened when three college friends were confined to a car for 12 hours or so, or what happened when they arrived and were joined by a fourth?)

Meanwhile, I spent a fabulous weekend in Chicago with these two lovely ladies--Katie & Abbie. I decided that, if I had the choice, I might like to live as a 6-month-old for a while. Talk about a life of luxury! (Too bad she doesn't realize what a great deal she has going...)

Abbie's day includes:

Playing with mommy on the changing table--otherwise known as getting dressed.

Going for walks to the park or store, sometimes joey-style, comfy as can be.

Being read great stories, like "Guess How Much I Love You," jumbo-version.

A relaxing massage followed by playtime in the water (a.k.a. bathtime).

Oh, and occasionally playing with mommy and daddy's friends, when they come to visit!

Why can't I spend my weekends walking to parks, reading stories, taking relaxing baths, and playing???

2 Comments:

  • Jess,
    What great photos - I love the one of Katie reading to the baby. You might not remember your life as a six month old, but I do! You had it pretty good, I think - at least when you weren't getting beat up by your two older sisters!
    Love,
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:26 AM  

  • You totally have the right reaction...forget about parenthood and just regress back to your own infancy!
    Jen

    By Blogger Jen, At 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home