Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Christmas Knitting

Over Christmas I gots lots of knitting done! First, I finished my Christmas stocking, to match Andy's:


It is made from this pattern, with an over-stitched snowflake adapted from this pattern, rather than the called-for cutsie felt holiday creatures.

So, when buying yarn for the stockings, we actually bought three colors--one green, and two shades of blue for Andy to choose from. As it turned out, one of the blues was really purple (which is what we suspected, but it looked more blue on the website, so we decided to order it anyway)--so Andy opted for the true-blue, and I was left with some worsted-weight purple and extra white and black from the stockings. What to make???

Last year I knit myself (and everyone else, it seems) a hat...but its getting a little ragged and isn't really warm enough for real winter weather (which we might get, someday...). So I decided to find a hat pattern, and knit myself this:


I also found an online tutorial on how to line a knit hat with fleece, which I finally got around to doing last night--so now I have a nice and toasty new purple hat and I made mittens to match (talk about a productive knitting break!). I don't have photos of those yet, though--I just finished them last night. I'm pretty happy with the hat (though it is awfully purple)...but truly excited about the mittens--they were so easy! I don't know why, but I just assumed mittens would be really difficult.

I'll have to post more photos from Christmas soon--but I thought I'd catch all my knitting friends up first :-).

1 Comments:

  • Wow, you are one productive knitter! I can't believe you could do so much so fast.

    By Blogger Jen, At 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home