Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

A month of Theodore

I thought I'd start our attempt at catching up here with some photos of the littlest one, as he is changing the most quickly. Here's a glimpse at Theodore's first month:
Just home from the hospital--look, my hand is still blue (and such skinny little fingers)! You can also see I'm still coping with the jaundice here, as I'm a bit yellow. This blanket was donated by a class of kindergarten or 1st graders to the nursery for preemies, so the nurses sent it home with me as a gift!

Asleep in my own bed--a mini co-sleeper, for now--do you like the hat Mom knit for me?


Mom and Dad love the big "gassy" smiles I occasionally give them.


This was my first bath at home. They sent me home with my very own "Tiny Tub" so that I could get swaddle baths just like in the hospital...I'm about a week old in this photo. Now, a month old, Mom thinks I've probably already outgrown it already--I fill it head to toe--so I may have to suffer through the chill of real baths soon!


Look at me, one week old!


"Hey! Anybody over there?"


...and two weeks old. I had a weight check-in on my two-week birthday. I was 7 lbs 3 oz--over my birth weight already! Woohoo!


Daddies are so comfy.


Ooooh. Mom and Dad love when I make this little face, pursing my lips together. It often means they'll be changing a diaper soon...


Post-nursing relaxation. Aaaaaahhh.


So one day, when I was almost 4 weeks old, Mom put me on my blanket for some tummy time, and then left the room to go do something. When she came back, she found me like this--not on my tummy anymore! Just like my big brother Simon, I dislike tummy time enough to flip myself over, at just 4 weeks old! (Mom tells me I'll lose that ability soon, as I gain a little more weight...)


Here I am tucked in to the double-stroller, at the park so my big brother can play. Mom was keeping an eye on me while Grandma Phyllis watched Simon and caught me making this face--do you like my Elvis snarl?


Hey everybody, look at me! I'm a month old already, and doing great--those little fingers and legs aren't so skinny anymore, I'm not yellow or blue, and I'm even starting to develop cheeks that jiggle on car rides :-).

5 Comments:

  • Hello Theodore!
    If you want to jiggle those checks all the way to Red Wing Grandpa Steve would really like to see you again!And don't forget to bring big brother Simon along for the ride!

    Annie Mouse

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:14 AM  

  • You make some pretty darn cute kids, you guys!!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 1:25 PM  

  • Theodore!
    It looks like you've been busy your first month, and having lots of fun. I can't wait to meet you soon!

    Love,
    Aunt Liz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:17 AM  

  • Hey, Theodore! It's time for you to suggest to Mom and Dad that they update the name of their blog to include you--And sons.

    Glad we could meet you a while ago.

    Beth Spande

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:58 PM  

  • very cute baby

    By Blogger delsquared, At 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home