Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Second Week

We are well into our second of week of classes of the academic year here in Minnesota. The weather has turned from a sticky humid summerishness to slightly cooler, still warm, pre-fall loveliness. It is about this time that I wish I were not a graduate student, so that I didn't 'enjoy' the weather by looking out my office and apartment windows and walking to and from the bus. I would much prefer to enjoy this lovely weather by playing some frisbee, going to a park, going for a picnic, etc. Alas, I fear my last enjoyable outing of the year may have been the state fair, just before classes started--which, by the way, I have been meaning to post photos of, so here they are...






Jess & Andy in front of the world's largest boot, made by Red Wing Shoes (size 638.5)!

Ioan, devouring a deep-fried twinkie.
Jessica, proudly displaying our combined winnings from the Midway.



2 Comments:

  • Hi guys! Glad to see you're embracing our last precious days of summer! We're getting a beautiful fall rain down here as I speak (type). Andy, did you climb in the boot?

    -Alex

    By Blogger Alex, At 11:27 PM  

  • Ellie says: Picture shoe! Picture shoe! Aunt Jess Unka Annie! Push that! Mommy push that!

    By Blogger Jen, At 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home