Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Friday, January 19, 2007

call me Instructor Gubbins

So, I have officially survived my first real day of teaching. That's right, one class session down, 28 or so to go...or something like that.

I am told by my co-instructor that my lecture went well. From my perspective, it went pretty much as well as I could have hoped--no major goof-ups, the class participated in the two little activities I had for them, and while they weren't exactly forthcoming with questions, they were paying attention and claimed to be understanding things every time I stopped to ask them if they had any questions. And, surprisingly, once I was 5-10 minutes into it, it wasn't even that bad in terms of anxiety for me...which is good news for someone who generally hates public speaking but is thinking she wants to pursue a career in teaching!

When Andy came to pick me up after school yesterday, he called me Professor Gubbins...not quite accurate...yet. But you can call me Instructor Gubbins if you like ;-).

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • When I started teaching I was equally (and pleasantly) surprised to realize that the jitters wear off within minutes. I am certain you did well and I really hope you continue to enjoy it.

    By Blogger anne, At 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home