Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Week (or so) in review

Well, its been a quiet week here in Northfield (not my hometown)...

The first quiet week in a while, it seems. The weather finally cooperated in bringing above freezing temperatures, so we've been trying to enjoy it by taking walks the past couple of days.

Simon, all bundled for a walk in the stroller

A week ago we took Simon in for his 2-month well-baby visit. The diagnosis: he's well! Not that we were worried :). He weighed in at just shy of 13 lbs, keeping him on his 75% trajectory for weight. The most traumatic part of the visit was getting his first immunizations--3 shots and 1 oral, for a total of 5 vaccines. Poor thing! I don't think we've ever heard him scream so loud or get so bright red! But, he handled it well overall, calming down just after the shots. A few doses of infant tylenol over that first day, and he was good as gold.

He's even smiling, showing off his stylish thigh band-aids just after returning from the doctor...

And the non-baby-related excitement in Jess' life is a new knitting project: the Alexi cardigan. It's by far the most difficult project I've tackled yet. If you check out the pattern or zoom in on the photo below, you'll see from the picture that it is FULL of cables. I love cables...how they look, that is. I do NOT love knitting them, as I find them rather tedious. But, I've only done two small projects with cables, so I'm thinking that maybe I just don't have enough practice yet--so my thinking in taking on this ambitious cable-full cardigan is that I'll either become proficient with a cable needle or learn to go without (or decide I really do hate knitting cables...but I'm hoping one of the other two happens).

back ribbing for my new project

And, for those of you in cute-baby-withdrawal, here are a couple brief videos, showing what Simon spends a lot of his time doing these days:

Just Kickin' It (9 seconds)




Talking & Smiling (23 seconds):

3 Comments:

  • Hooray for the well baby!

    I think it's funny that you're intimidated by cables, because I love doing them, but am scared of multi-color knitting, which you do in a snap. Individual differences. But I do recommend cabling without a needle if you can swing it -- so much faster.

    By Blogger anne, At 6:52 AM  

  • Cute cute cute cute cute!! I miss him already!

    I'm with Anne. No cable needle is the way to go!! It will save so much time and frustration and is especially nice on those cables where you are only twisting three or four stitches.

    By Blogger Pea, At 11:19 AM  

  • Love the photos and videos! Simon looks so much happier since he's been baptized. Can't wait to see you all for Easter.
    Love,
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home