Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Friday, October 31, 2008

Simon at 10 months

Greetings from the big 10-month old! Allow me to narrate this post--Mom is busy working on her fellowship application (clearly!).

Here I am, in this silly picture my mom insists on taking every few weeks or so...I used to lie nice and still while she took the picture, but those days are over--it took about 10 tries to get this one!


I've been working hard the past month on this crawling thing--it took a little getting used to! But now I am an expert. I can crawl on hard wood, carpets, grass, crunchy leaves, with or without socks, with or without pants...there's no stopping me, really.

Crawling All Over (45 seconds):





This is one of my new favorite tricks. I think the world looks much more interesting this way--and it often makes mom and dad giggle, which is an added bonus. My favorite place to do it is on the changing table ;-)


Did you know that its fall and that means that all the leaves fall off of the trees and then you can play in them?!!! ...oh, you did? Well, it was news to me. And I LOVE it!

Mom says its going to get very cold soon, so she took me to this awesome store and bought me two used snowsuits. This one is a single layer of fleece, perfect for cool fall weather. I like it a lot. My other snowsuit is still too big. Mom says she bought it so I can go play in the snow with daddy later this year.


Leaf Crunching (25 seconds):



That's about it for now. Oh, except for this, per requests of Crazy Uncle Pete and Grandpa Steve...mom said this was somehow related to two birds and one stone or something, but I don't really get it--am I the stone?

Dancing...or is he Donkey Riding?: (20 seconds)




Happy Halloween everyone!

3 Comments:

  • Hey Simon, buddy! You're really movin'! Those hardwood floors sure are slippery, aren't they? I'll bet you're just a ton of fun these days - and smart of Mom and Dad to introduce you to nature's toys - lke leaves. Then there's snow - and mud - and bugs - and dog poop - you're just gonna love it!
    Love,
    Grandma Pleuss

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:51 PM  

  • Dance! Dance! Wow Simon! you can really "cut a rug"
    Wait til those Chicago chicks get a look at your moves!
    Annie Mouse

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:29 PM  

  • ooo-la-la!! If by "Chicago chicks" Annie Mouse means Abbie and Izzie - yes, they are gonna LOVE Simon's new moves!!!!! And that "Riding on a Donkey" song is CATCHY! Alex and I watched the video together tonight and then both found ourselves humming it at the same time while in the kitchen...VERY catchy! "Riding on a Donkey" should come visit with you guys and then we can check out Simon's new moves LIVE!
    Katie

    By Blogger Kate, At 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home