Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter Knitting

Although the cardigan I started for myself almost a year ago hasn't made much progress, I have recently gotten some knitting done. First, there was a finishing touch to add to Pickle's stocking, in order to make it Simon's: his name.

Gubbins' Family stockings

If you recall, I was also working on a hat for Simon. I finished it a couple weeks ago, and am quite happy with how it turned out--and it fits perfectly! For the crafters out there: I used this pattern for "Ian's Chullo," but shortened it by an inch to make it a more snug fitting hat (so you can pull his hood over it for those true Minnesota winter days!) and added ties to the earflaps.

We had quite the little photo shoot:

hey! Mom's making goofy faces at me and I don't really know why :)

I wasn't sure at first about using two accent colors, but I think I like it

a nice view of the top

don't be fooled--this is what Simon really thinks of it!

2 Comments:

  • Love all the photos! Christmas at our house should be so much fun with Simon and a fully decorated for Christmas house - can't wait!
    Love,
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:32 PM  

  • I LOVE it!! You are so artistic, Jess! It's great that it ties down over his ears and you can put the hood over it - good MN practical common sense in the cold! Now...Andy needs a matching one!!
    Katie

    By Blogger Kate, At 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home