Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Friday, September 23, 2005

Done with the FYP!!!

I just wanted to announce to my family and friends that I have officially completed my first-year project (or, what I have come to call my fyp): I turned it in yesterday.

This fyp is the culmination of my first year at graduate school...the proof that I did some research in my first year, and the pain in the *** that has been haunting me all summer. This is also (well, probably a revised version) what I will be turning in next year around this time as my masters thesis, assuming I pass my written prelims next summer. And now, it is DONE!!!!

A few stats:
  • Length of the fyp manuscript: 50 pages
  • Length of actually written (prose, not tables/appendices/etc.) part: 22 pages
  • Number of people who worked on the fyp: 4 (me & SweetPea, and our two fabulous undergrad coders)
  • Number of months it took to complete: 10 (I believe, since our first meeting about it was in December)
  • Number of evenings I almost drove Andy insane due to working on the fyp: ??? (I guess you'd have to ask him)
  • Number of people who care about the above stats: 1, maybe 2 (SweetPea?)
  • Number of drinks I will consume with SweetPea tonight in order to celebrate: ???

1 Comments:

  • # of people who care about your stats: 2 at least!. You rock!!!

    # of drinks you consumed with me last night in order to celebrate: umm, maybe 6?

    # of advil I have taken since waking up this morning: 3

    Our combined happiness at being done with this flippin' project: Immeasureable!

    Hurray for you!! Hurray for us!! We're done!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home