Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend of Pre-moving Denial

Andy and I had a lovely weekend excursion to Red Wing, where we spent time with friends and family, including Jess' parents and sister who drove up for a night. The weekend flew by--maybe it was our full schedule of yummy food, outing, yummy food, outing, and so on...or maybe the fact that I at least spent the weekend in blissful denial of all the work that moving will be this week, that made it go so quickly. In any case, it was over too soon, and now Andy and I are mired in the muck of packing...but enough about that, back to the lovely weekend ;-)...

We enjoyed showing my folks around our favorite winery, Falconer Vineyards. Here we are sampling the wines.


Grandmas-to-be at the vineyard

Other than the heat, it was a lovely day for a walk to see the grapes


Looking at photos from Colorado


And what is Jess knitting, you ask? I'm so glad you did! It's an oh-so-soft baby sleeping bag, well on its way to completion--so stay tuned for pictures when its done...

Sadly, as I mentioned, the weekend flew by, and before we knew it we were back here facing the packing and cleaning. Wednesday is the day--I'll be emailing our new address and phone number out to family and friends in the next week or so--if I miss you then please send me an email to get it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the memories, Jess! It truly was a lovely weekend. It was great seeing you, getting ever rounder, and Andy, looking ever prouder. Hope the move went well and you're settled in soon.
    Love,
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home