Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Week one: Done.

I am happy to say that I survived my first week of full-time teaching. It was kind of a doozy--three classes is a lot of work, even if I am co-teaching one and the other two are two sections of the same course. All said, there were no disastrous results--in fact, students seemed generally receptive, cooperative, and patient, if not overly excited to be back in school sitting through lectures again.


My sweetie surprised me by leaving these in my classroom just before my first lecture on Thursday--aren't they lovely? I half expected students to be asking where the flowers came from and whose they were, but they didn't. I think they were too full of pregnancy-related questions for me (is it your first one? do you know if its a boy or a girl? when are you due?).


Knitting Notes:

I currently have two works-in-progress: Pickle's blanket/sleeping bag and Andy's sweater. The blanket is done except for buttons--I have no buttons. Luckily, I took advantage of stopping by the St. Olaf Knitter's booth at the student activity fair this past week to ask about a local yarn store, and there is one! We went today--its a lovely gift shop with all kinds of fun things, and yarn and fabric in the basement.

(Here I am outside my new LYS)

So the good news I have a LYS! They even had an assortment of buttons, but not the kind I need. So the baby blanket/sleeping bag is still on hold. Andy's sweater, however, has been getting all kinds of attention as we continue to feed our Netflix addiction voraciously, giving me lots of knitting time. Its my first raglan sweater, and so far I like it--we'll have to see how looks on him of course...

Here Andy is, trying on the sweater just after I attached sleeves to the main body--due to its still being on the needles we couldn't stretch it up and around him to get both arms in sleeves, so instead we have this lovely shot in which I think he kind of looks like a very friendly Incredible Hulk, who just accidentally burst out of his sweater!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I don't think you even need to finish that sweater. he's looking pretty hot in its current state.

    By Blogger sprocketplug, At 12:48 PM  

  • It's great to know you survived your first week - and even have time to write about it! Love the flowers - what a sweetheart of a husband you have! We have a Netflix addiction, too, and love it.
    Love,
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:47 PM  

  • This is Alex Falconer's little sister here. I've seen your blog a few times and from all the knitting I've seen (which by the way is amazing!) I thought you might enjoy this link I found

    http://veganyumyum.com/2007/06/knit-night-cupcakes/

    I just thought they were so cute and you would appreciate them. :)

    By Blogger Alli, At 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home