Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My First Easter

Hi. Simon here...it makes blog posting more interesting for Mom somehow if I narrate...weird, I know. So let "me" tell you all about my very exciting weekend!

First of all, here I am--aren't I just the cutest thing you've ever seen? I got this ducky in my first-ever Easter basket...but I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's go back to last Wednesday...

Last Wednesday Grandma Marilyn came for a sleepover at my house. It was loads of fun, as we got to read stories and chat and chat. The next morning some of the grown-ups were grumbling about waking at the crack of dawn or something, but I don't know what they were talking about. After my usual middle of the night wakings, I woke up to find we were bumping along the road, and had been for some time, apparently.

I've trained my parents pretty well by now, so they were pretty quick to pull into a gas station whenever I got hungry. I even have my Auntie Karlie wrapped around my little finger--whenever I was awake in the van she would smile and talk to me to keep me company :). After about seven hours on the road, we arrived here, at the cabin my grandpa and great-uncles are building.

Look who I found inside--Grandpa Steve! He was hard at work, but I convinced him to take a little break to have a chat with me. Then we left the cabin and headed for the farm...my first trip to the farm!

I met Great-Grandma Pearl right away. She was so happy to see me, and smiled at me whenever I was in the same room with her, even though she couldn't remember my name. That's okay, I couldn't remember hers, either.

Being at the farm was exhausting, so I took lots of naps.

I played with Grandma and Karlie a lot, too.

And I got to meet Great-Grandpa Roy, of course! Who knew he'd know just how to keep me comfy? I guess raising over a dozen kids will teach you a thing or two about what babies like...

Everybody loved me. No, really...look, here I am just trying to pose for the picture and they're all looking at me instead of the camera! (I made sure to wear my overalls for my first trip to the farm--so I could help out if needed. But nobody would let me do anything useful, they all just wanted to play.)

After a couple days at the farm, we drove seven hours back to Northfield. Here I am just chillin' in my car seat. Then, before you know it Mom and Dad stuffed me into my car seat again, this time for a 4.5 hour drive to Madison! Seemed to me like they just couldn't decide where they wanted to be.

In Madison, I got to meet my Great-Grandma Carole and Great-Grandpa Howard. They loved me too, just like everyone else! I must be one likable kid. It's exhausting being so likable all the time, actually--as you can see above, I'm a little exhausted already in this picture, because it was at the tail end of our big Easter gathering. Do you like my Easter outfit? Mom picked it out, and asked me not to get it messy. I only drooled on it a little bit...

I got to spend some time with Aunt Liz in Madison. Here we are playing on a blanket that she and my Mommy remember from when they were little (or so they said, they seem awfully big to me, I'm not sure they were ever little).

My first Easter basket! I was going to find it myself, but Mom was so excited that she insisted on helping me. I decided to amuse her. Look how happy she was to find it!

The day after Easter, I got some great snuggle time in with Grandma Phyllis. She's an extra-good snuggler, I think...I'll have to remember that for my next visit.

I got to spend some quality time with Grandpa John, too. I tried to stay awake and play, but he rocked me right to sleep!

All in all it was a very exciting weekend. And then, to top it all off, my parents made a huge deal when they heard me giggling the other day. They even pulled out the camera and took a little video of Mom--get this--pretending she's going to eat my scrumptous cheeks but then kissing them instead! What can I say? It was funny, so I giggled!

Simon Giggles (25 seconds):




Hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend.
~ The Gubbins Family

1 Comments:

  • Hi Jess--

    Great photos and video! The kids and I just spent some lovely time get caught up on all your adventures and the kids are absolutely enthralled with their new cousin.

    Jen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home