Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Monday, June 08, 2009

Faux Father's Day

Jessica has been walking around in a time warp the past couple of weeks, thinking that yesterday (Sunday) was Father's Day! I was corrected a few days ahead of time, but then Andy and I decided to go ahead and celebrate an early Father's Day anyhow, since actual Father's Day is the day after my sister's wedding, and we'll be busy with family and wedding celebrations. So we declared Sunday to be "Faux Father's Day"...not because Andy is a faux father, mind you!


Andy = Father Extraordinaire :)

I tried to make breakfast for Andy--usually Andy is the one doing most of the cooking around here, so I thought this would be a nice treat. And he assures me that it was, though halfway through he relieved me of my cooking duties because Simon was so adamant that he have my full attention, that having me do all the cooking was turning out to be less of a treat and more of a headache than anything.


Daddy's always there to lend a hand...

It was a cloudy day, and pretty cool, so our initial plan of having a picnic on a beach was ruled out. Instead, we drove to a nearby park that has some really cool equipment, and a great separate toddler/preschool playground. Simon helped Andy celebrate by playing hide and seek with him in the play structure:



great toddler climber

awesome looking older kid playground, too, including this climbing web

After playing, we took a walk until we found a coffeeshop, then had a relatively relaxing time (as relaxing as eating with a toddler can be) enjoying a drink and snack there. After church we had some friends over for pizza from our favorite local pizza shop--though sadly we forgot to wish Mark (the only other father in attendance) a happy faux father's day.

All in all it was a lovely way to spend a Sunday, faux father's day or not. And this way Andy got to "open" his present early--not really open, but find out what his present is: a weekend camping trip later in the summer, with our friends Jen, Adam, and Zoe. Four adults, two toddlers, one canoe...its gonna be great!


Happy Faux Father's Day, Daddy!

1 Comments:

  • You're such a good father, you deserve to celebrate twice! I'm sure we'll find a way when you come to Madison. I love to hear Simon giggle! I think his laugh is the loudest when he's playing with his daddy.
    Love,
    Mom/Phyllis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home