Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Sunday, March 14, 2010

New Routines

Well, this photo was on the list to post, and then all the hospital excitement happened--so here's a little pre-hospital belly shot for you:

Simon wanted to show his belly too!
This was taken on March 4, so about 27.5 weeks along

Of course, since Wednesday's shocker of hospital admission for an indefinite amount of time, we've had to scramble to make some adjustments. Over the past several days, though, we managed to get into a little hospital-visit routine with Simon, and he seems to be handling things okay. Simon was able to come visit me every night between dinner and bedtime, with Andy coming some other times as well when he could get away from work, and a few other visitors too. Its good to know that if we do end up back in the hospital, possibly long term, we can come up with some semblance of a normal routine for Simon.

After Wednesday and Thursday visits ending with too-late bedtimes, Friday night Andy and Simon brought some dinner along to eat in my room with me rather than eating at home first

reading stories in Mama's hospital bed


thanks to everyone for the lovely flowers, gifts, and many offers of help--whether I'm in the hospital or home from here on in, I'm to take it easy, so we really appreciate all the continued offers of help!


Just today, Simon and Andy came over after church. The plan had been to just come later tonight, but when Simon asked where I was, I am told the conversation went something like this:
Simon: "where's Mommy?"
Andy: "Mommy is at the hospital. We'll go see her after naptime."
Simon: "No, go see Mommy now"
Andy: "You think we should go see Mommy right now?" (considering...)
Simon: "yes, that's a good idea."
...so they packed some lunch fixin's and came over after church :).
We have good news from the doctors this morning--I have been stable enough that they let me go sans IV, and say that if I have another quiet day & night, I can probably go home in the morning! If I have any significant bleeding I'll need to come right back of course, but since we live close to the hospital (so we could get here quickly), and my previa is only partial (so its less likely to result in serious hemorrhaging than a complete previa), they are willing to consider my going home and taking it easy there instead of taking it easy here in the hospital. We are very glad, and hope all goes well tonight so I can go home tomorrow!





2 Comments:

  • Great photos, and great news! I hope all goes well and you get to go home tomorrow.

    Grandpa John

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:03 PM  

  • Hoping you're happily at home now--or at least getting daily visits involving peanut butter.

    By Blogger The Fighting Librarian, At 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home