Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Stress-O-Meter

Here we are less than 6 days from prelims...lets see how I'm doing on the stress-o-meter:

Level 1: You're irritable/grumpy much of the time. (check)
Level 2: You find most everyone else irritable, too. (check)
Level 3: Out of desperation for motivation, you have made a "top ten reasons you have to take prelims" list. (check, thanks to the combined motivational needs of P and I)
Level 4: When it's time to sleep you can't...when its time to be awake, you're sleepy. (check)
Level 5: You've had prelim-specific nightmare(s). (check)
Level 6: You have, at least once, just started crying for no real reason at all. (check)
Level 7: You've actually given up on studying (prematurely) because it seems pointless (not because you feel ready). (half-check)
Level 8: Repeat occurrences of levels 5 and 6.
Level 9: You begin drinking heavily.
Level 10: You give up all together and drop out of graduate school.

So, as you can see, I'm somewhere round-about level 6.5...


...here's to hoping I don't get past level 7.

2 Comments:

  • God you hit the nail on the head here. I just called TNO at work to tell him a random thing and 2 seconds later was crying on the phone. Poor guy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:09 PM  

  • Hmm...I'm up to level 4 for grad school (and I haven't even started yet) and slowly coming down from 5 for the bugs. Does that mean I'm actually at level 9 and should be drinking heavily?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home