Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

a weekend off

We celebrated the fourth of July weekend with a wonderful visit from Katie, Alex, and The Cute One on Monday, and a party on Tuesday, including an amazing view of the fireworks (from a downtown high-rise apartment balcony).

The Cute One, incidentally, has begun crawling since the last time we saw her, in April.


"Do it again, Mommy, do it again!"


"Daddy, I think you have a cavity..." thinks Abbie, already exploring her career options.



There's a reason I decided to start calling her "the cute one" :-)


...and below are two of the better shots I got of the fireworks:



Last but not least--P, avert your eyes...


Prelims start in 13 days, and end in 14 days.

3 Comments:

  • The cute one is aptly named. And, I saw the same fireworks - you must've been above me! Perhaps I'll post my pictures and we can compare.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:15 AM  

  • Awesome! Did you guys have a bonfire and then throw cans of bug spray into it?

    I celebrated our nation's independence by studying for my qualifier exam.

    Good luck, Jess. If you need to commiserate gimme a call. The lines are open 24-7.

    -SP

    By Blogger sprocketplug, At 6:02 PM  

  • Yes, I think it's a consensus, the cute one lives up to her moniker! Great photos and good for you for taking a break in the midst of exam prep craziness!

    Love,

    Jen

    By Blogger Jen, At 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home