Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Friday, September 08, 2006

Post for Ellie & Ben

This post is for Ellie and Ben, as I kept thinking that this experience just wasn't complete without a young child or two to shout out names of animals and sounds they make...so here's a brief tour of animals we saw at the "miracle of birth" building at the State Fair.

Ellie, your job is to tell us what animal it is, and/or if its a mama or a baby.

Ben, your job is to make the sound the animal makes (Ellie can probably help you with that).


(captions are provided to assist parents who may be too sleepy or distracted to properly identify the animals themselves...)



piglets (and part of mama pig)




chicks (under a red heat light, so they're not quite their characteristic yellow)




ducklings (so which is the ugly one?)




horse (mare, standing) and foal





sheep (ewes)



lambs

3 Comments:

  • We truly did have a wonderful time in Minnesota. The Wisconsin State Fair specializes in cream puffs, but according to Jess, the Minnesota State Fair specializes in deep fried on a stick food. We had a great time sampling Snickers on a stick, Twinkies on a stick, and my favorite, from the Ole and Lena booth (I'm not making this up), hot dish on a stick. They also had pickle on a stick, but somehow we missed that one. OK all you Minnesotans. I think this should take care of making fun of Wisconsin cheeseheads for a looong time to come!
    Love,
    Your Madison Mom (and proud of it!)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:31 PM  

  • Oops! I got so excited about hot dish on a stick that I responded to the wrong story. The above response goes with the story below about the Fair. Sorry!

    What a clever idea, Jess, to do this for Ben and Ellie and have it on the blog for them! My old-fashioned mind could only think of printing out snapshots and mailing them.

    Love,
    Mom

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:34 PM  

  • Yessica! I SOOOOO wish I would have stayed a little longer and been able to go to the fair! I hope all is well and you know how much you rock my world and mean to me! Heard from Marissa last week! That was awesome! Just wanted to say HEY!!!!!! Loves babe!

    By Blogger Liz, At 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home