Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pickle & Knitting Update

Here it is, the baby sleeping bag/blanket! I never did find quite the buttons I had imagined, but these wooden ones worked out just fine. I tried to find our dear friend Furious George to model using the blanket for us, since he did such a fine job with the diaper wrap, but it appears he has not been unpacked and I really have no idea where he is. Anyhow, the blanket is knit with two strands of KnitPicks Crayon--it is the softest yarn I have ever worked with, and machine washable--perfect for a baby blanket. [If you are having trouble envisioning how it works, I'll clue you in by mentioning that the top (right, in this photo) is actually sewn together like a hood, and then the rest is just a long blanket folded in half and buttoned up the sides so that the baby can't kick it off.]


Meanwhile, Andy's formerly hulk-like sweater-ish thing has now graduated to "hey look--its a sweater!" recognizability. This will, in fact, be a cardigan, but is currently sans zipper (hence Andy is holding it together in the front). And when will it be a cardigan? Well, sometime after I buy a zipper :).


I am now in week 26, i.e. trimester #3--where did the time go? I am also, as you can see, getting HUGE. At least I feel huge. I do occasionally see women who are 8 and 9 months pregnant, and am reminded that this is not, in fact, HUGE, this is just BIG...I still have a ways to go. I have already (several times) had the unfortunate experience of trying to fit through a doorway when I had not opened the door widely enough to let my new-size self fit through...oops. My apologies to Pickle for the random bumps into doors and doorways!

Pickle seems to be doing just fine--kicking more than ever. S/he particularly seems to enjoy mid-morning and late afternoon, then late evening as times to try poking all of my internal organs. This means that our child will already not sit still through church, even when daddy is preaching (as he was last Sunday)!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • So many awesome changes for you guys!! The blankie is gorgeous, as is the sweater. I just have to knit the collar onto TNO's and then maybe we can have a zipper party together!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:25 AM  

  • Hey Jess,
    Where did you find the pattern for the baby blanket/snuggle sack? I'd love to make it. When you could a chance could you email me with the info? Thanks
    Victoria (losi0006@umn.edu)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:10 AM  

  • I miss you! I can't believe how FAST the time has flown by these last few months...Looking good mama! Loves to you!!! MUAH! Love me

    By Blogger Liz, At 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home