Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Knitting Notes

So...after tomorrow, I will have officially survived the first week of classes of the new semester. And what has been the best part of this first week of classes? Well, knit-night, naturally.

I have an updated photo of my sweater to the right--the front and back pieces are finished, and shoulder seams are sewn. I have begun the left sleeve, but as you can see, have quite a ways to go. I was rather hoping that once I got to the sleeves it would go quickly, but that is not the case. The sleeves are actually almost as wide as the body of the sweater (then folded in half, of course), and much longer...so I'm afraid I still have quite a bit of work ahead of me. I just hope I finish this sweater in time to wear it while it's still cold out. (Luckily for me, it will be cold in Minnesota well into April, so I probably don't have anything to worry about.)

Best of all this week, I received an email with some adorable photos of little Abigail, trying on her hand-knit-by-Jess-wear, which is still a bit big, it seems. I had no idea that little acorn hat and booties would turn into exercise-wear, but I am glad Abbie is keeping her limbs mobile, as she'll need them in no time to crawl on :-).

2 Comments:

  • Is Abigail Jazzercising? What a cutie!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:49 PM  

  • yes, she actually was doing a jazzercise of sorts...it just felt so good to be free of the onesie! And for once she didn't mind wearing a heat! I think she likes it because it can roll up so it doesn't fall down over her eyes!
    LOVE the sweater...the color is great..it will be nice with rosy cheeks in the cold MN weather!

    Katie

    By Blogger Alex, At 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home