Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Cold.

I just wanted to say that its cold.

Now I know it can get much much colder here--and it probably will soon. But I thought it was worth posting to make the observation that, this morning it was warmer in Barrow, Alaska than it was here. Where is Barrow, Alaska, you say? Why is it significant that it was warmer there than here? Barrow is the northern most city in the United States. It lies ABOVE the Arctic Circle. And, in Barrow, Alaska, at 1250 p.m. on November 18, the sun dips below the horizon and is NOT SEEN again until 1151 a.m. on January 24!! And yet they managed to have a higher temperature than us this morning--not by much I'll grant you, only a few degrees--but then again, THEY DON'T HAVE A SUN!

In light of all this, I would just like to reiterate how much I love this state. Minnesota, hail to thee!

4 Comments:

  • My, that is a mighty positive, "glass-half-full" kind of post you have there. Indeed, it is cold. And indeed, I am glad that we have a sun for all 12 months of the year. I suppose I would rather live in eternal winter than live in eternal winter combined with eternal night. Then again, those crazy fools who live in Barrow get months of eternal day during the summer to make up for their months of eternal night. Gee Wiz! What a deal!

    Forget Minnesota. California, I hail to thee. Give me back my 60 degree winters!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:17 PM  

  • I'd say it's more glass 1/4 full, maybe 1/3.

    By Blogger spidy_mn, At 7:04 PM  

  • Those of you surprised by the cheeriness of this post should note its author...'twas not I, the one who goes to bed every night with cold fingers and toes!

    By Blogger Jessica, At 7:09 PM  

  • You think you have it bad! Here in Phnom Penh, we're having the coldest winter on record for the past five years. Tonight it's supposed to dip down to 71!

    Christmas 2006 in Cambodia, anyone?

    Jen

    By Blogger Jen, At 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home