Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

happy November 15th!

Well, today started out like any other gray, rainy day in November, but it certainly isn't ending that way. Among the boring features of the day: fulfilling my TA duties by sitting through a lecture on central tendencies and other basic stats things, sitting in my office for 'office hours' as a TA, then sitting through two hours of class on a topic I'm really not that interested in and will never do research in.

So that covers the boring part of my day...and now for the exciting part...I now own new knitting needles--size 2 dpns, for my first-ever sock effort, which will commence at some point in the near future...and I got a package in the mail! Packages are exciting in and of themselves, but even more so when it means that the yarn you ordered online has finally arrived, so that you can start making your first ever grown-up big-person hand-knit actual sweater!

The sweater pattern I chose looks like this on the model lady:


And the yarn I chose is Andean Silk, from KnitPicks. The color is hollyberry, which is a little less purple and more red than it looks in this picture:

So, that's my formerly-boring-but-now-turned-exciting day! And a happy November 15th, to you too :-).

1 Comments:

  • Admit it, you were googling knit patterns while "fulfilling your TA duties." ...it's okay, I was too. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home