Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Saturday, March 04, 2006

some reading material

A few days ago, my husband stumbled upon/was directed to/discovered some new online reading material: Dispatches from a Public Librarian, written by Scott Douglas. Andy has been reading it voraciously ever since, catching up on past posts and frequently interrupting my vain attempts at homework with "wait, let me read you just one more..."

Now that it's Saturday morning (well, almost noon now, I see) and I have survived a very busy and stressful two-week stretch, I decided these humorous librarian stories were worth taking a little time to investigate on my own. And so I can now heartily recommend them to all of you, particularly the one of you who often wishes she were a librarian rather than a graduate student.

While investigating the librarian dispatches, however, I stumbled upon another dispatch, more suited to my own potential future: Dispatches from Adjunct Faculty at a Large State University, written by Oronte Churm. Why is this one worth reading? Well, if you're in academics--particularly if you are a potential-future-or-current-lecturer...just read it.

3 Comments:

  • Sweet! I needed another excuse to procrastinate on my reading and cleaning my house!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:27 PM  

  • Oof. Started reading the Lecturer one, saving the Librarian one for happier times. Thanks for the recommendations - sort of. :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:51 PM  

  • I love the dispatches from a public Librarian!
    Such delicious randomness.

    By Blogger sprocketplug, At 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home