Mr. & Mrs. Gubbins & Sons

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Me, PJs, & Coffee

Hello all. I am happy to report that it is 11:45 am and I am sitting in my cozy little apartment on this cold morning-almost-afternoon still in my pajamas, still drinking my morning coffee (2nd cup now), and enjoying the pressure of NOTHING to do.

It's not that I have NOTHING to do. Actually, there is PLENTY to do. Articles to read before a meeting tomorrow morning, overdue laundry to do (which means about 4 loads instead of the normal 2 or 3), etc. However, today I was supposed to be in the Fergus Falls area, doing a research observation. This means I cleared my entire calendar and planned to spend today first observing at a childcare home, starting at nearly the crack of dawn, then scoring said childcare home for an hour or so over lunch in some random restaurant in Nowhere, MN, then driving 3.5 hours home and crashing for a nap, essentially taking the entire day.

The observation was cancelled, however, so I am FREE! Sure, I could have gotten up at 8 am anyway, to do all those things I am behind or about-to-be-behind on, but that's no fun. Sleeping in till 10:45 am is fun. Well, for me, anyway. I am the queen of sleeping in, after all (though sadly, ever since starting this whole graduate school thing I've had to wake up consistently early). So, I'm catching up on my blog-reading and posting...and later I'll get to laundry and article-reading and all of those BORING things. For now...hmmmm, I could use a warm-up of coffee :).

Happy Thursday to all!

2 Comments:

  • Thanks Mom! I would gladly grant you equal coffee time, if it were mine to grant! :-)

    By Blogger Jessica, At 1:06 PM  

  • Good for you for using your bonus day to relax a bit! All your chores will wait...

    By Blogger Jen, At 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home